Self-care isn’t all professional massages and face masks, sometimes it looks a lot more like organizing lego and playing retro video games. In today’s episode, Heather Laura Clarke from heathershandmadelife.com discuss 50 alternative self-care activities we enjoy that might have you looking at self-care in a whole new way!
I knew I wanted to have Heather on the podcast after seeing this post on her Facebook page back in March. Sorting lego by color? The satisfaction that would give me is honestly off the charts! Luckily for me, Heather was game and we went a little wild coming up with more than 50 alternative self-care activities to share with you today!
50 Alternative Self-Care Activities with Heather Laura Clarke
Listen to this week’s episode now!
Websites mentioned in today’s show:
- Play retro video games online for free at: https://classicreload.com
- Find out of print books on: https://archive.org
- Chatbooks prints photo books using images from your Instagram feed: https://chatbooks.com
- Suzi’s book Instagram Account: https://instagram.com/suzireadsalot
Books & series mentioned in today’s show:
- The Girls of Canby Hall by Emily Chase
- Sweet Valley Twins created by Francine Pascal and written by Jamie Suzanne
- The Babysitter’s Club by Ann M. Martin
- Baby Island by Carol Ryrie Brink
- Mrs. Wiggs of the Cabbage Patch by Alice Hegan Rice (the weird book Suzi mentioned)
- To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han*
- This Will Only Hurt A Little by Busy Phillips*
Podcasts mentioned in today’s show:
Be sure to follow Heather on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and let her know how much you enjoyed hearing her on the podcast, and join in on the conversation online using the #WellnessSImplifiedPodcast hashtag.
Do you have any “weird” self-care activities you swear by? Let us know!